Satellite Advisory Committee
The Satellite Advisory Committee (SAC) is an advisory committee for the CBAA’s Community Radio Network (CRN). Nominations are invited from CRN subscribers biennially. Appointments will be made from the nominations received to fill the categories indicated under ‘Membership’ below. The CBAA Board nominates a representative from among its number to sit on SAC, and by convention, this individual is the chair of the committee. Currently John MacInnes is the Board appointed Chairman.
The SAC makes recommendations to, and advises, CRN on issues relating to the programming and funding of Community Radio Network. SAC acts as a forum for Network Services staff, the CBAA, subscriber stations, program makers and the CBF, and as the appeal body for CRN programming decisions. It can have a rôle in program selection and assessment of existing programs.
Membership of the SAC must comprise at least one member from each of the following groups:
- Member of the CBAA Board (By convention, Chair of SAC).
- A CRN program maker.
- A representative(s) from a regional/rural station (preferably 2).
- A representative from a metropolitan/sub-metropolitan station.
- CRN Manager (or substitute CRN staff member if manager is absent).
- CBF GCAC Representative (an alternate representative is also customarily selected).
The Advisory Committee currently has six members, one of whom is non-voting (CBF’s GGAC representative). Currently the membership is:
- Peter Rohweder (Chair – CBAA Board, 4EB)
- Shane Elson (program maker representative)
- Brian Warren (Shoalhaven Community Radio)
- Rob Meaton (2BOB Radio)
- Ros Elliott (Bay FM Byron Bay)
- Russell Coghlan (Capital Community Radio)
- Bob Rau (GGAC representative - 98.9 North West FM)